I have a minor confession.
My knowledge on where to eat in Chicago, outside my neighborhood, is extremely limited. We’re talking a minor step above tourist-status. Instead of putting on a fanny pack and heading to the Cheesecake Factory I realized it was time to admit something. *sigh*
I needed help.
For Pete’s sake, I’ve been living here for 2 ½ years already.
At first, I thought that I could do this on my own.
I made up two tours after researching for a couple of hours. We picked one and went on our cheese-filled adventure. It was an excellent and delicious afternoon.
But we did it wrong. We only made it to two places because we were so full. I came home, after I consumed my daily calories in 3 hours, feeling like I could scratch the surface better.
I needed some professional help. I turned to the Chicago Planet Food Tours to show me how it’s done right.
The DH and I went on the Buck Town/Wicker Park tour.
We’re still talking about:
1. My husband added celery salt to the grocery list after going to George’s Hot Dogs.
2. Brewpub? Okay Piece, you have our attention. We’ll be back [very] soon.
3. We’ve had plenty of Falafel since we’ve been here, but Sultan’s Market is by far the best we’ve had.
4. I am so impressed by the use of Kitchen Aids in iCream. I love that it’s a build your own combo place. I like that flavor challenge.
5. How soon can we do the new Chinatown tour?
*Unofficial Grilled Cheese Tour
1. Birchwood Kitchen: Amazing sandwich. Best part? They split our grilled cheese in three. Now that’s service.
2. Hot Chocolate: Oh. My. Yum. On all levels.
3. The Handlebar: We didn’t make it here… but I hope to try it out soon.
On a budget? I know we are. Which reminds me to check out http://daycations.co/ very, very soon.
Bonus: Currently they are promoting a free South Loop Tour.